2013年6月7日星期五

NOOB eyes in World of Warcraft

"Noob" seems to be conjoined with the word "Idiot" these days.You can buy it and buy WOW accounts, buy WOW gold.Looking back 5-10 years ago Noobs were actually capable to [i]learn[/i] mechanics in games where as today games are dumbed down to meet the intelligence of the noobs.

In the case of world of Warcraft i really don't think its that big of a hill to climb to get equated with mechanics and terminology. In fact, i would wager that a "noob" could manage 80% of the content without even talking to a soul.

Let's see if you joined under recruit a friend, you hit level 40 in probably less than a day.  It's not until you hit max level and realize that all the worlds you passed through (extremely rapidly I might add) are now irrelevant and what you have before you is a rather small patch of land of repetitive dailies and repeatable raids left.  The sad part is, and it is really sad, is that you, the noob, missed out on 8 years worth of content because you've leveled through it in warp speed.  No epic opening of the Gates of Ahn Quiri, no attunement chains to gain you access to Kharazan, Molten Core, Upper Black Rock Spire, etc.  No class quests for you first mount or special abilities.  No sense of becoming awe and powerful as you level because you are undefeatable upon creation.  Noobs fall in love with a game that isn't actually a game anymore... they fall in love with a reflection of what was... and a very shallow reflection at that.
I actually didn't join under Recruit a Friend. I've earned my 40 the hard way through questing and PvP. I bought the full game and a game time card for the next 90 days. ;) I am not, as you suggest, warping through it at all. I've done every quest in every location through which I've passed and intend to keep on doing so.
I do understand how much it's changed and there are things which I'm sad have been taken out but I only know that in retrospect, through research and in discussions with Shelassa.

没有评论:

发表评论